Thursday, February 11, 2010

Hi, Again. And again.



Andie,

I’m sorry. One thing you will learn about me quickly is that I enjoy grand gestures and leave abandoned projects in my wake, strewn like discarded dolls left hairless in my exuberance. I am also prone to pretentious images – please forgive me for both.

My only excuse is, I guess, was that knowing you so quickly kind of…well, it scared me. You are there, with your full and subtle life, and I asked you so presumptuously to share with me…and you did. That was the scary part. I hadn’t imagined you as a real person, as I should have, and then didn’t, and now can, and will. You are bold and brave in a way I both expected and didn’t.

Let’s try this again, maybe? Shorter entries this time, maybe. Fewer excuses and apologies – I don’t need any from you, and I won’t lapse to have offer any to you. I’ll try to write, as a friend would say, “not like such a damn old lady.” I want to know you, too – I am just flattered and blushing and scared absolutely that you want to know me.

So, in 500 words or less, who are you?

Hesitantly yours,

Anna

P.S. Sorry. Again. I really hope we can try again. This is supposed to be fun. And there's nothing more fun than making a new (old?) friend. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment